This is the documentation site of the Moodbile (Mobile Learning for Moodle) project.
The Moodbile project aims to enable Mobile Learning Apps to work together with the Learning Management System (LMS). Moodbile is an open source project. The open source LMS Moodle is used as host LMS platform in the first stage of the project. Rather than just creating mobile Apps that replicates the LMS functionalites on a mobile device, Moodbile provides the developers of Mobile Learning Apps with the necessary tools to talk with the LMS.
About Moodbile (Mobile Learning for Moodle)
Moodbile is a Free Libre Open Source FLOSS project iniciated by the SUSHITOS Research Group of the UPC Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, whose members have been involved with the Moodle.org community since 2004, participating in the development of the Moodle 2.0 Wiki, the Webservices subsystem and the upcomming IMSLTI consumer. With participation of the GRIAL Research Group at Universidad de Salamanca. For more information and credits visit the Moodbile Team page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Moodbile Webservices Specification
- Moodbile Spec is a specification of (web)services for supporting the integration of external apps with the LMS. The Moodbile Spec (web)services are not bound to a specific Webservices protocol. The Services need to be implemented in the LMS side. For the current version of the Moodbile Spec we provide the Moodbile Server for Moodle as a reference implementation for Moodle
Moodbile: server for Moodle
- Moodbile Server for Moodle - Moodle 2 plug-in that implements the Moodbile Spec. Current version Moodbile WS Latest Version Documentation has been tested with several versions of Moodle and can work on Moodle 2.0.x. and Moodle 2.1.x. For support for other Moodle versions check the Moodbile roadmap
- Moodbile HTML 5 Client Moodbile Client that runs on most mobile browsers. Moodbile HTML 5 Client runs on the same web server as the LMS and provides a Mobile Web friendly limited front, using the Moodbile Spec (web)services. Moodbile HTML 5 Client is intended also to be a reference implementation of howto access the Moodbile Spec (web)services from HTML5 / Ajax.
- Moodbile Android Client Android App that provides a limited front end to the LMS written on native Android code. Moodbile Android Client is intended also to be a reference implementation of howto access the Moodbile Spec (web)services from Android™ clients. Check the Moodbile Android Client documentation page for a full list of features and more.
- Moodbile iOS Client Comming soon, please check the Moodbile roadmap for details on schedule.
Moodbile is a project iniciated by the SUSHITOS Research Group of the UPC Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, whose members have been involved with the Moodle.org community since 2004, participating in the development of the Moodle 2.0 Wiki, the Webservices subsystem and the IMSLTI consumer. This project is aimed as a new contribution to the community and we hope some parts of the Moodbile will find its way into the Moodle core distribution.